SOME PEOPLE HAVE DREAMS I LIVE IN MINE
:0
Sunday, June 2, 2013
Witch Hunt
I have recently began reading a new book called the witch hunt. This book is very detailed documented accounts of the Salem witch trails. For those of you who don't know the Salem witch trails is when 4 girls falsely accused women (that they barely knew or if even that) of being witches. These three girls hand picked random women and went on trail and accused them of hurting them, casting spells on them, etc. in this book it is a little Like a textbook. It includes dates, names, cited info ( in some cases), and something you may not see in any other book of the Salem witch trails- they include their opinion. I they Isolate their opinion in its own paragraph. I think they do that so that they don't make the stories bias by including their opinion in the factual text. So far I have only gotten through part if the first account in the book. In this account Abigail Williams, Elizabeth Hubbard, Ann Putnam jr., and Susanna Sheldon. Everyone should know that when you walk into the court room you must take the oath that " you will tell the truth and nothing but the truth so help me god" and these girls sat there look the judge dead in the eye when he ask them who hurts you three of them replied goodie carrier( the lady on trail) the other girl Susanna decided to take it over board. When the judge asked " who hurts you?" She replied with " goody carrier. She bites me, punches me, and tells me that she will cut my throat, If I did [do] not sign her book." Was it not enough that you were trying to put a woman that you barley knew for a crime she did not commit, but you had to say a statement that would surely scare the whole clary room and defiantly put her in jail. That was even the craziest part of that account the craziest part was when goodie carriers 8 year old daughter was brought to the stand. Most of you may think that her daughter would defend her mother to the death, convince everyone that her mother was innocent but that is far from what actually happened. When her daughter walked to the stand, she( like everyone else) took the oath to tell only the truth. When the judge asked her about her mother she replied and said that she had been converted by her mother. Her mother had lured her onto touching the red book with the white pages. She claimed her mother had appeared to her as a cat, one that could terrify her, one that could tear her into shreds, but one that could also wing her spirit away over the treetops to attack others. Isn't that crazy? The imagination of sine children can be dangerous. Well I would really love to tell you more but I would have to read the rest first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment